Learning Perspectives Essay
With a healthier understanding of different learning perspectives the teacher will be more effective in the classroom. By studying and implementing the viewpoints of constructivist, humanistic, and behavior techniques will give you a better understanding of teaching. Here is a few of these theories in play.
Behaviorism assumes a leaner is essentially passive, responding to environmental stimuli. Behavior is shaped though positive reinforcement or negative reinforcement. The best way to promote better behavior in the classroom is to take them out of it. Recess is as important as reading, math, and science. This allows the student some free time which we all need. …show more content…
5. Be a role model for the attitudes, beliefs and habits you wish to foster.
Behaviorism Lesson Plan:
Solar System and the Planets
Grade Level(s): 5
Subjects: Science, Solar System and the Planets
Overview: Students will learn the planets and the placement of the planets and how the earth, moon, and sun are involved in the solar systems. Students will learn how the solar system works.
Objectives: Students will be able to:
1. Describe each of the planets.
2. Work as a group.
3. Describe the planets in the solar system.
4. Research the planets on the computer.
1. Science books on the Solar System
2. Worksheets about each planet and the entire Solar System
4. Crayons or map colors
5. Details that the students retrieved from the computer
6. Styrofoam balls (different sizes)
7. Play dough (different colors)
1. Students will research their planet (assigned by teacher) and gather information about the solar system.
2. Students will complete the worksheets about each planet and solar system.
3. Students will be put into groups of 3 – 4 and have to use the Styrofoam balls to create their planet(s) that they are assigned by the teacher.
4. Students will complete a research paper (1/2 to 1 page) about the solar system and the planet(s) (assigned by teacher).
5. Combine all planets to make up the solar