Tilapia Fish Case Study
Serving size: 1 plate
Serving per recipe: 4
Cooking Time: 7 hours
1. Water- 8 cups
2. Sugar- ¼ cup
3. Salt- ¼ cup
4. Teriyaki marinade- ¼ cup
5. Tilapia fish- 2 lbs., fillets of ¼ inches
6. Alder woodchips- 2 tablespoons
1. Total Fat – 1 g
2. Sodium – 15 mg
3. Total Carbs – 0 g
4. Fiber – 0 g
5. Protein – 8 g
1. The recipe starts with mixing sugar, water, salt and teriyaki in a bowl to get a brine that is used for marinating the fish.
2. Once the mixture is prepared, add the fish fillets into it and let the fish fillets stay there for at least 4-6 hours.
3. After the completion of 6 hours, take out the fillets from the brine and rinse them under the water. …show more content…
Firm Tofu- ½ lb.
2. Soy Sauce- 2 tbsp.
3. Liquide smoke- ½ tsp.
4. Sriracha- 2 tsp.
5. Garlic Powder – ¼ tsp.
6. Total Fat – 5 g
7. Sodium – 500mg
8. Total Carbs – 4 g
9. Fiber – 1 g
10. Protein – 10 g
1. Bring firm tofu from the market and pat it dry. If it is extra firm, then it will be an added advantage.
2. Now, cut a very thin slices of tofu, having a thickness or ¼ inches. It could be 1/8th inches too.
3. Now, keep the tofu aside and take all the ingredients in a bowl and given them a mix. The ingredients are garlic powder, liquid smoke, soy sauce and Sriracha.
4. In this mixture, either add the tofu slices or with the help of a brush, paint the mixture on either sides of slices of Tofu.
5. Take a baking sheet and line it with parchment paper or a waxed sheet.
6. On the parchment paper, align the thin slices of tofu and place the sheet in the oven. Bake the tofu at 200 degrees Fahrenheit at least for 3 hours. When the slices become dry and tough, take the sheet out.
7. You will see that tofu jerky is ready. Either store it or enjoy with friends and family.
Eggplant Jerky in Balsamic …show more content…
Protein – 3 g
1. Start with washing the eggplants and cutting them into thin slices. You can start with quartering the eggplant and then chopping off the bottom. Now, cut the eggplant in jerky style and keep them aside.
2. In bowl, mix the ingredients including extra virgin olive oil, Balsamic Vinegar, Sea Salt, smoked paprika, black pepper, and garlic. All the ingredients should be in the quantity as mentioned.
3. Now, as the mixture is prepared, add the thinly sliced eggplants and toss them well. You can even use your hands to apply the marinade on eggplant slices. After marinating the eggplants, leave them in the bowl and keep the bowl aside. Let the eggplants rest at least for 2 hours.
4. While the eggplants are getting marinated, prepare the oven if you are using it. You must heat the oven at a temperature of 115 degrees Fahrenheit. But if you are using dehydrator then follow as per the instructions are there by the manufacturer.
5. Now, as you have preheated the oven, start lining a parchment paper (if not available then use waxed paper) on a cookie tray. On the paper, place the slices of eggplant and sprinkle a bit of crushed pepper and salt.
6. Place this tray into the oven for at least 12