Job design is defined as the process of putting together a range of tasks, duties and responsibilities to optimizing an employee’s satisfaction, motivation and productivity (Zareen, Razzaq, Mujtaba, 2013). Through job design, it should be facilitate the achievement of organizational objectives and the performance of the work that the job was established to accomplish. In the same time, the design should recognize the capacities and needs of those who are to perform it. (Craig Russon and Anthinette Brown, 2006)
3.1 Job Description
Job description is an important tool to clarify the tasks, scope, duties and responsible of employee and what is the expected of them. (Marianna Bodnarchuk, n.d). The first step to complete job description …show more content…
• To be fully aware of hotel facilities and activities and promote wherever possible.
• To ensure the guests throughout their stay are assisted in a friendly and professional manner and any guest complaint are reported to the Guest Relation Manager.
• To be fully aware of the hotel cash handling and credit procedures and to account for any discrepancies at the end of the shift.
• To ensure goof working relationships with colleagues in the Reception area and other department of the hotel.
3.2 Job Specification
Job specification is describes the duties and activities of the jobs, and the specific personal qualities and competencies necessary for the position. Job specification is defined as the summary of minimum requirements for a person to apply for the job. Job specifications will be further discussed in this report relates to Fullerton Hotel Singapore as per below:
Job specifications of the general manager:
Attitudes / Ability to learn
• A willingness to spend time and devote thought to analyzing attitudes
• A sense of justice or fair dealing
• Respect for others’ unique personalities
Skills …show more content…
Making sure that guests are happy and that staff is getting what they need to do their job is crucial.
• Being clam and direct in a stressful situation and being able to communicate with many difference types of people.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required
• Master in Business preferred
Job specifications of the Reception Shift Leader:
Attitudes / Ability to learn
• To enjoy working as a part of a team and be supportive to colleagues
• To be self-motivated with the ability to complete routine and non-routine tasks as needed
• To build and maintain a good working relationship with colleagues and customer at all levels
• To be adaptable
• To be able to work under pressure
• The ability to empathize and communicate with a diverse of individuals
• Experience of working within a busy Hotel Reception environment
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Good working knowledge of using MS Office and including able to send email and use the word processing
• To have understanding of what is good customer services
• Minimum GCE ‘N’ or ‘O’ levels or its