8. Upon starting the engine, an engine checked light illuminated on the combination meter of the Alfa Romeo and a rattling noise was heard. A thorough diagnostic check revealed 3 fault codes P0505, P1173 & P1176. P0505 states the idle speed out of range due to restricted air intake, damaged/dirty throttle body, throttle position sensor loose and faulty ISC valve while the other 2 codes are undefined. …show more content…
Photo 7 shows a closer view of the scratch marks (circled) on the tailgate hinge of the Toyota at the time of accident reporting.
11. Having compared and technically analysed the damages of the Alfa Romeo and the Toyota, the impact force sustained onto the front left portion of the Alfa Romeo would not have affected the rattling noise as there was no trace of damage on the parts/components around the immediate vicinity of the damaged area. In the case of a severe impact, the front bumper reinforcement and front support panel would also be affected as a result of the impact force but it appears to be in good general …show more content…
During our investigations, we gathered from Mr Ger that the Alfa Romeo was regularly serviced at Euroautomobile Pte Ltd. The last 2 maintenance records, 1st in November 2013 and 2nd in November 2014 were forward to us. See figure 2 & 3 below.
Figure 2 shows the maintenance for the Alfa Romeo on 08 November 2013. An additional alternator and power steering belt was replaced along with the maintenance items.
Figure 3 shows the maintenance for the Alfa Romeo on 07 November 2014.
13. Our checks with international bodies and associations had revealed that there was no manufacturer recall of similar make and model vehicle as the Alfa Romeo which could have been associated to the rattling noise which the Alfa Romeo had experienced.
14. Having carried out a review and analysis the material evidence following our physical inspection of the Alfa Romeo, we are of the opinion that the post-accident issue that was raised by Mr Ger, in particular the engine rattling noise, is unlikely to be related to the accident on 18 May 2015.
15. Given that no visible damage was observed to the immediate vicinity around the damaged parts/components on the left front portion of the Alfa Romeo, the engine rattling noise may hence be unrelated to the accident on 18 May