Sarbanes Oxley Holds Whom Responsible For Effective And Efficient Financial Communication Case Study
24. Sarbanes-Oxley holds whom responsible for effective and efficient financial communication?
a. 0 Managers
b. 0 Accountants
c. 0 Consultants
d. 0 Customers
Week Six: The Persuasive Communication Plan
Objective: Design persuasive communications.
25. What theory focuses on the contexts that promote or hinder the internalization of motivation and the integration of behavior?
a. 0 Pseudo listener
b. 0 Selective perception
c. 0 Cognitive dissonance
d. 0 Self-determination
26. Before they act, people are more sensitive to messages that will help them gather and interpret information and determine whether there is a problem during what phase?
a. 0 Selective perception
b. 0 Vocalization
c. 0 Diversification
d. 0 Detection
27. What is the final stage of the process of behavior change?
a. 0 Implementation
b. 0 Decision
c. 0 Detection
d. 0 Framing
Objective: Present data to various stakeholders using appropriate channels.
28. What are three components of persuasive messages that should be considered when presenting data?
a. 0 Message, channel, and the context
b. 0 Sender, receiver, and feedback
c. 0 Need, cost, and outcomes
d. 0 Benefits, appeals, and …show more content…
0 Technology is a key factor in globalization.
6. The leadership communication style that combines the positive characteristics of multiple approaches that may change depending on the situation to build effective relationship is called what?
a. 0 Dance approach
b. 0 Somersault approach
c. 0 Arrow approach
d. 0 Circuit approach
Objective: Differentiate between types of audiences.
7. Which of the following is an example of “thinking globally but acting locally”?
a. 0 An organization sends employees from the home country to work in an international division to better understand the needs of that location.
b. 0 An international company trains local individuals to manage one of its overseas divisions.
c. 0 An organization sends its employers to language training classes.
d. 0 An organization creates a special team to manage differences between divisions.
8. Ethical approaches to leadership styles of communication include the teleological approach, which states that
a. 0 actions need to be measured first on short-term effects and then on the long-term outcomes
b. 0 actions should be judged by whether they are morally right or wrong
c. 0 actions should be evaluated by their long-term