SWOT Analysis Of Walker's Snack Food Ltd.
4. Impact of Micro and Macro Environmental Forces upon Walkers and Its Ability To Achieve Its Corporate Objectives
Macro environment related to influence external factors of the company, with this various number of broad forces that might impact …show more content…
Working capital and transportation costs in storage are important factor in their operation. Company believes that timely manufacture and distribution and low stock holding are major consequences for supplying and planning logistics which is most important factor (Jones, 2010, pp 23-45).
Following SWOT analysis represents the major strengths and weaknesses within the organisation and also addresses the threats and opportunities faced by Walkers (Hughes, 2004, Pp 99).
• Stronger relationships with vendors often provides fast delivery schedules and higher quality ingredients
• At Walkers, excellent and experienced staffs are trained and they are very customer focused
• Greater retail space which is clean, bright, hip and located in urban retail district or suburban, upscale mall neighbourhood
• Higher rate of customer loyalty and brand recognition
• Walkers’ higher quality products offered exceed the offering of their competitor’s product in terms of price, quality and presentation …show more content…
When it comes to Walkers’ customers, the individuals are marked between the age group of 2 to 50, acquiring 53% of the UK market. However, age cannot be defined demographic for such customer base, as for Walkers’ potato Snacks all age group people including kids, adults and old people can enjoy it since they are based on instructed healthy diet (Beale, 1993). By combining various major demographic factors, Walkers reaches at a profile of customer including:
• Families who love to eat potato snacks
• The potato snack loves who are ready to eat all potato food flavours
• Young professionals