Research Methods Multiple Regression Essay

1728 Words Nov 16th, 2013 7 Pages
Executive Summary
This research provides statistical analysis for gross monthly sales in 60 stores using five key measures within a 10km vicinity: number of competitors, population in
‘000’s, average population income, average number of cars owned by households, and median age of dwellings. These quantitative variables are the key determinants, which will provide substance for descriptive statistics and the multiple linear regression model. This research reports mainly on statistical analysis, providing a direct interpretation of the research results.
This process quantitates subjective judgments, while offering a scientific method of selecting location when chain convenience store enterprises such as GStore expand their scale.
…show more content…
75% of stores earn between $25,000 and $175,000 a month and the remaining 25% earn between $225,000 and $300,000 a month. This data is important to gauge the gross monthly sales versus the number of stores so that we know how many stores are earning given a specific range.

Histogram of Gross Monthly Sales ($)
10

9 8

Number of Stores

7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0 25000 50000 75000 100000 125000 150000 175000 200000 225000 250000 275000 300000 More

Gross Monthly Sales ($)

Figure 2.0

7

4.3 Multiple Regression Analysis

Intercept
Number of competitors within 10km
Population within 10km
(1000's)
Average income of residents within 10km
Average number of cars owned Median age of dwellings in area

Coefficients
5133.268337

Standard
Error
7352.466426

Lower
95%
-9607.539318

Upper
95%
19874.07599

-4075.618449

1650.580077

2.469203709

0.016735455

-7384.83226

-766.4046387

894.8867926

28.24554794

31.68240157

1.44781E-36

838.2578786

951.5157067

0.340362922

0.155080262

2.194753336

0.032501271

0.029445717

0.651280127

18345.38474

4889.779137

3.751781876

0.000430382

8541.967829

28148.80166

255.3001876

434.3776193

0.587737895

0.559158138

-615.5745046

1126.17488

t Stat
P-value
0.698169572 0.488066878

Figure

Related Documents