Psy 870: Module 6 Problem Set Solution Essay
Email us At: Support@homeworklance.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
PSY 870: Module 6 Problem Set Factorial (2 × 3) MANOVA This study investigates whether there are differences in the outcomes of three different treatments for anxiety. The treatment conditions that are compared are treatment with medication, treatment with psychotherapy, and placebo (inactive pills). In addition, we want to see if gender of the client moderates the effects of the treatment. Every participant had been diagnosed …show more content…
Revisit instructions from last module’s readings on how to compute Mahalanobis distance and then analyze for multivariate outliers.
1. Perform a factorial MANOVA on the data. Before interpreting the multivariate results of the MANOVA, check outcomes that test other assumptions for this statistic:equality of covariance matrices (see Box’s Test) and sufficient correlation among the DVs (see Bartlett’s Test of Sphericity). Also check the results of the Levene’s Test of Equality of Error Variances to evaluate that assumption for the univariate ANOVAs that are run and show in the Tests of Between-Subjects Effects output. What have you found about whether the data meet these additional assumptions for the MANOVA and follow-up ANOVAs?Explain.
• Once in the Options box, remember to check box for “Residual SSCP matrix” to get results for the Bartlett’s test.
• Also, remember to ask for post hoc tests for Treatment because there are more than two conditions. Profile plots also help with visualizing interactions.
1. What are the outcomes of the multivariate tests (main effects and interaction)?Report either the Pillai’s Trace or Wilks’s Lambda for each result, as well as the associated F-value and its statistical significance.Use the following format for notation to report each result:Pillai’s Trace OR Wilks’ lambda = ____; F(df, df) = ____, p = ____.
• Use Pillai’s trace if there are problems with