Privacy And Security Issues In E-Commerce
Encryption : It deals with information hiding . Ensures that you cannot spy on others during Internet banking . Auditing : keeps records of transactions. Traders use the audit to prove that you purchased a specific merchandise .
Integrity : prevention against unauthorized modification of data
Non-repudiation : prevention against any party violating an agreement after the fact.
THREATS TO E-COMMERCE:
Strategies for e-commerce security address two issues mainly to protect the integrity of the business network and its internal systems and security compliance of transactions between the customer and the company.
There are three types of security threats
Denial of Service unauthorized access theft and fraud
Denial of service : There are mainly two types of DOS attacks are spam and viruses. spam: Sending unsolicited commercial emails to people E -mail bombing caused by a hacker sent a computer or network, and sending thousands of emails to it. Surfing involves placing hackers software agents on a third party system and the establishment of which was to send requests to an intended target . DDOS hackers involves the placement of software agents in a number of third party systems and setting them out for simultaneous requests to a target …show more content…
ANTONIOU, G., BATTEN, L. & PARAMPALLI, U. (2008) A Trusted Approach to E‐
5. Commerce security data management.
6. BLYTHE, S. E. (2006) Cyberlaw Of Japan: Promoting E‐Commerce Security, Increasing Personal Information Confidentiality, And Controlling Computer Access. Journal of Internet Law, 10, 20‐26.
7. Ackerman, Mark S., and Lorrie Cranor. 1999. Privacy Critics: UI Components to Safeguard Users' Privacy. Proceedings of the ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI'99) : 258-259.
8. "Online highs are old as the net: the first e-commerce was a drugs deal". The Guardian (London). 19 April 2013. Retrieved 17 June 2013.
9. Tkacz, Ewaryst; Kapczynski, Adrian (2009). Internet — Technical Development and Applications. Springer. p. 255. ISBN 978-3-642-05018-3. Retrieved 28 March 2011. "The first pilot system was installing in Tesco in the UK (first demonstrated in 1979 by Michael Aldrich)."
10. 1988 Palmer.C Using IT for competitive advantage at Thomson Holidays, Long range Planning Vol 21 No.6 p26-29, Institute of Strategic Studies Journal, London- Pergamon Press [now Elsevier.B.V.] December 1988.
11. "E Commerce – Essays – Hpandurang92". Study mode. Retrieved 17 June