Malls Typology Essay
Difference Between a Shopping Mall & a Shopping Centre ? SHOPPING CENTRES SHOPPING MALLS
1. Shopping Centre is one or more buildings.
2. It is an open outdoor market.
3. In a shopping centre there are only one or two entrances to each store.
4. Here, in order to go to another store you have to go outside & then enter another store.
5. Shopping centre is one or more buildings that contain stores and restaurants that share a common parking area.
1. Shopping Mall is a Single
2. It is a covered complex.
3. In a shopping mall there are several entrances into the mall.
4. While, in a mall, once entered you can go to any store in that …show more content…
The mall boom in India began with Cross roads which was constructed in 1991 and was owned by Nichlos Piramal Pharmaceuticals. It is located near Haji Ali, Mumbai and is spread across 1, 50,000 square feet. The mall was a culmination of two offices which were:
a. The office of Nicholas Piramal
b. The office of a famous MNC pharmaceutical brand
The initial mall in India was a huge failure.
In the West malls are located on the outskirts of cities so as to offer entertainment with shopping.
Malls in India are located in the heart of the cities, making parking a nightmare for shoppers. The malls in India are of box like structures which are not massive in size.
The present Indian retail scenario that is attracting both the domestic and international investors to capitalize on this great Indian market scene, its ever growing customer base and their spending potential, and the customers never ending pursuit of good things in life controlled by a major limiting factor: time, makes the mall culture more acceptable. The purchasing power of the consumer is on a constant rise (maybe on a decline now due to world financial