Ge Globalization Strategies: Close Analysis Essay

2206 Words Nov 3rd, 2010 9 Pages
GE Globalization Strategies
Close Analysis

Global Management: D1125

Overview
This report talks about the successful strategies adopted by GE that was accountable for its success. It will start by answering the question the importance of studying GE recent globalization strategies and practices, and then, by giving a quick background of the company globalization process evolution. After that, the report will demonstrate a close analysis to 4 main strategies of the company. Finally a conclusion will be given based upon the current challenges and future perspective.

Company Highlights

GE was found by Thomas Edison in 1893. It has around 343,000 employees and operation over 100 countries. The company experienced continuous
…show more content…
For example, GE has moved out of television, computer, automation and engineered plastic divisions, and moved into hybrid banking and entertainment. And hence, GE has evolved from one of the greatest manufacturing companies in the world, to become a wide breadth diversified multi business company. (Rice, 2009)

But framing a growth strategy that can help a huge multi businesses company like GE leading transformative change across all its business would require a standardized repeatable process. And for this, GE made a process called, “Execute for Growth” consisting of six part process. Unlike the Six Sigma, which is all about making the product right, “Execute for Growth” process is about making the right product that fits the company business. Therefore, this cycle helps to verify whether a new initiative can fit within the bigger organic growth. (Immelt, 2005) Figure 6: Growth Execution Process, Source: Dan Henson, “Growth as a Process” (2007)

3. Emerging Market Penetration

Despite the fact that global companies have focused their presence in the first world countries which provide them with 10% of the whole world market share, they underestimate the value of emerging market constituting the other 90%, where half of the global GDP is produced.
This sounds very attractive business opportunity, however, the nature of the emerging market customers is different. For example, the average income per capita in India is equal to 2.28% of its counterpart in the

Related Documents