ethics in the workplace Essay
Ethics in the workplace are viewed in the business world as an attempt to communicate its expectations and standards of ethical behavior in the workplace. In recent years, managers and workers have expressed concerns about how ethics in the workplace apply to the goals of an organization and the work of the employees. The Ethics Resource Center (www.ethics.org) assist leaders to impact their organization by identifying ethical risks and establishing systems to emphasize higher standards for business conduct. According to Joshua Joseph (2000), of the
Ethics Resource Center, “in …show more content…
1. Communicate the company's ethics policy clearly to the employees.
• Posting it around the office and distributing it to employees is great, but you should have regular meetings in which everyone spends some time discussing ethics.
2. Make it easy for employees to seek guidance when they need help making a decision.
• Employees may not always be sure what the ethical solution is.
• It's the company's responsibility to provide the resources that they need to make the right decision.
• Someone should be available at all times with which employees can discuss these issues.
3. Create an atmosphere in which employees can trust their supervisors and know they can report violators of the ethics policy.
• Supervisors should keep employees who report violators anonymous and