Mexican Beef Casserole Essay
Mexican beef casserole is a family dish that everybody loves. The nice thing about it is that it is not only delicious, but it is also easy to prepare. There are also many variations of the basic Mexican casserole (beef), such as the Mexican hamburger casserole. You can actually make your own variations to the basic recipe according to your taste and availability of ingredients.
Part 1: Mexican Beef Casserole with Corn
Lean ground beef 1 pound
Fresh cilantro, chopped (optional) 1/3 cup
Reduced-sodium black beans, drained 1 can (15.5 oz)
Mexicorn, drained 1 can (11 oz)
Country Crock spread 2 tbsp
Salsa 1/2 cup
Fat-free sour cream 2/3 cup
Low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded 1/4 cup
Time & Yield & Calorie …show more content…
Onion, chopped 1 medium piece
Cream of mushroom soup 1 can (10-3/4 oz.)
Cream of chicken soup 1 can (10-3/4 oz.)
Corn tortillas 8 (6-inch) pieces
Green chilies, chopped 1 can (7 oz.)
Sargento® Traditional Cut 4 cups (16 oz.)
Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese, divided
Lettuce, shredded (optional) 3 cups
Tomato, chopped (optional) 1 medium
Sour cream (optional)
Time & Yield & Calorie
Total Time 60 minutes
Yield 8 servings
Calories 591 calories
1. Pre-heat oven at 325°F.
2. Cook beef in a large skillet, stirring for 7 minutes until brown. Drain off drippings.
3. Add onion. Cook until tender. Then add mushroom and chicken soup. Add 1/2 cup water.
4. On a 9x13-inch baking dish, place 4 tortillas that have been torn into pieces. Spread alternate layers of meat mixture, chilies and cheese. Repeat to make another layer.
5. Bake for 45 minutes or until bubbly.
6. If desired, top your cheesy Mexican beef casserole with sour cream, lettuce, and tomatoes.
Mexican beef casserole is an old family favorite that can be prepared in various ways. It is easy to make and is always a hit at the dinner