Branding Strategy: Spicejet And The Indian Aviation Industry
This will help to further explore whether branding strategies play a role in a brand’s success and survival in the market. SpiceJet has also grown to be one of the most preferred brands of airlines, and this research will look to understand what time of branding works best for airlines.
The study looks to understand how branding is an integral part of a brand’s survival in extremely competitive markets, with specific reference to IndiGo, SpiceJet and the Indian aviation industry. It will help to establish certain strategies that worked, and did not work, for both airlines so that they can be implemented by other brands. Moreover, it could serve has reference to IndiGo and SpiceJet to see what they could do to sustain and succeed in such a competitive market.
1.4 Problem …show more content…
3) Have IndiGo’s branding strategies contributed to the brand’s success and survival in the highly competitive market?
4) Why have SpiceJet’s branding strategies not been as successful as IndiGo’s?
1) It is my hypothesis that in the aviation industry, with fierce competition and high demand, effective branding strategies play a significant role in influencing consumers’ brand preferences.
2) IndiGo and SpiceJet have adopted vastly different branding strategies, and this has been hypothesized due to the wide gap between the two brands in terms of market share and number of passengers.
3) It is my hypothesis that IndiGo’s branding strategies have had a significant impact on the brand’s success in India’s aviation industry. This inference has been drawn from the fact that although other airlines also offer low prices, IndiGo still has 35.5% market share, and has grown faster than any other airline in the past few years.
1.7 Research Objectives
• To find the link between branding and consumer preference/decision making.
• To establish the branding strategies that IndiGo and SpiceJet have used, and whether they have been