Blue Bell Case Study
- Older adults
- Young adults
- Ice cream fanatics
- Blue Bell enthusiasts
- Stock holders
2. After careful examination of the Blue Bell press releases, their social media and press conferences, the continuing theme of the organization focused on a few key points for its target audience. Those key points Blue Bell focused on included:
- Finding the root cause of the listeria contamination that were found in some of Blue Bell’s ice creams.
- Bringing in a microbiologist to the production plants to monitor for any listeria that could potentially show up in another case of Blue Bell ice cream carton.
- Conduct a “test and hold” program to ensure Blue Bell …show more content…
If I were meeting with a company CEO, I would persuade them to take a look into having social media accounts because it can help the company’s image, build brand loyalty with its consumers, obtain feedback from consumers which can increase trust in the brand, and consumers will become more engaged with a company. Social media is also one of the great ways to communicate when there is a crisis. Consumers are able to hear first from the company instead of the media. The last thing a company wants to do is try to clean up their image due to the horrible coverage the media can do, because they did not control the situation by having a social media …show more content…
The short-term and long-term effects Blue Bell experienced was their reputation, how consumers felt about the recall and how consumers or brands will view them after this crisis. Blue Bell’s decision to recall every ice cream on the shelf in a quickly manner and how they were currently handling the listeria issue shows that they are willing to make things better, which can shortened a long-term effect to a short-term effect. However, Blue Bell’s major long-term effect was the deaths resulting from listeria.
7. The key advice that I would have given to the leadership in the Blue Bell crisis is to address the issue before it becomes a hot topic. Five years ago, tests were coming back positive for a listeria outbreak at the production plant that was sickening consumers. Blue Bell should have been more reactive to diminish the cases of bacteria floating into their ice cream. It’s always good to treat the issue before it becomes something of a