Auo 1 Study Guide Essay
Western Governors University
AUO1 – Auditing and Information Systems
Additional Study Questions/ Study Guide
1. Accounting Information Systems
Competency 302.1.1: Nature and Purpose
The student understands the nature and purpose of information systems.
* What is the difference between transaction processing systems, management information systems, and decision support systems?
2. Transaction processing systems - document financial activities
3. Management information systems - used to collect qualitative as well as quantitative information for decision making within organizations
4. Decision support systems - help the developers of an AIS identify what information they …show more content…
* How do accounting information software packages differ? 8.
Owners will have to consider what tasks they'll want their system to accomplish, identify what software package or packages can perform these tasks, and perhaps evaluate several different computer hardware configurations that might support these packages.
The term application software refers to computer programs that help end users such as accountants perform the tasks specific to their jobs or relevant to their personal needs. One category of application software is the personal productivity software familiar to most accountants—for example, word processing software (for creating documents and reports), spreadsheet software (for creating worksheets of rows and columns