What Was The Effect Of The New Industrial Revolution On American Labor?
William Graham Sumner
John P. Altgeld
What was the impact of the transcontinental rail system on the American economy and society in the late nineteenth century?
2) How did the huge industrial trusts develop in industries such as steel and oil, and what was their effect on the economy?
What was the effect of the new industrial revolution on American laborers, and how did various labor organizations attempt to respond to the new conditions?
4) The text states that “no single group was more profoundly affected by the new industrial age than women.”
Why was women’s role in society so greatly affected by these economic changes?
5) What strains did the new industrialization bring to American ideals of democracy and equality? Was the growth of huge corporations and great fortunes a successful realization of American principles or a threat to them?
America Moves to the City, 1865-1900
Booker T. Washington
W.E.B. Du Bois
1) How did the “New Immigration” differ from the “Old Immigration,” and how did Americans respond to …show more content…
The Three Rs
1. What qualities did FDR bring to the presidency, and how did he display them during the New Deal years?
What particular role did Eleanor Roosevelt play in FDR’s political success? (15pts)
2. Identify the Three Rs and cite specific policies that FDR implemented to fix the problems caused by the
Great Depression. (30pts)
3. Identify and explain other people, concepts, and world events that created a great political, economic, and/or social setback for FDR New Deal plans (5 examples-25pts)
Chapter 34 Study Guide
FDR and the Shadow of War, 1933-1941
Rise of Totalitarian Regimes
League Of Nations
Good Neighbor Policy
Nazi-Soviet Non-Aggression Pact
Pearl Harbor (1941)
The Atlantic Charter