Essay on The Problem Of Health Disparity
Health disparity is one of the burdens that contributes to our healthcare system in providing equal healthcare to everyone regarding of race, age, race, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic status to achieve good health. Research reveals that racial and ethnic minorities are likely to receive lower quality of healthcare services than white Americans.
The goal of this lesson is to explore how we can improve patient care in our healthcare organization, to provide safe, equal, and quality care to all our clients regardless of race, ethnic, or socioeconomic status. At the end of this lesson we should be able to understand and address the needs of all of our patients. While each individual is unique, keep in mind that they might hold certain beliefs and values from their culture that might distinguish them from other cultures including those from their own ethnic groups.
By the end of this lesson, all medical staff should be able:
• Discuss and distinguish aspects of different cultures
• Discuss cultural generalization and cultural stereotype
• Improve our organization cultural competence
• Photos to examine stereotypes and generalizations
• Continuum of cultural competency for health care institutions
• The National Standards for Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services in Health and Health Care (the National CLAS Standards)
• Be Culturally competent
• Adopting and…