Generosity And Definition Of Kindness: Video Analysis

935 Words 4 Pages
The inspiration for this question is a video commercial that showed a man being selfless and kind, and though he did not have much, he had the joy he brought people through being kind. This video allowed the question to arise what is kindness. This question is the question chosen for research. When starting research, there is not much information on definitions or studies of kindness. Through researching under the topic kindness there needs to be more research done on this topic for future references. With the research done one will be able to create a general understanding and definition of kindness. There are many different ways to describe kindness and for that there is no definite answer to the question what is kindness? From research, …show more content…
Smith and Davidson show that to volunteer is to be generous which associates with kindness. Along with the science of generosity, a survey shows that not many people are very generous in volunteering. From this information provided one can understand that 76.4% of people are less kind than the 23% that are demonstrating kindness by volunteering (Smith, C., & Davidson, H.2014). A report from volunteering in the United States (2014) shows that only 25.3% of people volunteered in 2014. Between September 2013 to September 2014 only 62.8 million people volunteered (Volunteering in the United States, 2014). From Smith and Davidson (2014) one can presume from this information that there are not many people …show more content…
All in all allowing one to accomplish all these bettering factors by learning to be more generous. (Smith, C., & Davidson, H.2014). Smith and Davidson (2014) provide the information stating that kindness and generosity is a matter of the person 's will to either do so or not. The Science of Generosity’s survey says that only 37% of surveyors were very or extremely willing to volunteer for a problem that matters to them. The rest of the surveyors a 63% were reluctant to be willing to volunteer. Drawing a conclusion from this information one can presume that there are still a lower amount of people demonstrating kindness with volunteering (Smith, C., & Davidson, H.2014). Mitchell, D., & Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (2013) show that the United States is more genuinely compassionate in voluntary private social expenditure measured in gross domestic product. Roughly 10.2 shares of GDP for the United States and 32.6 shares of GDP for 11 nations total. Therefore, one can assume that out of many different nations the US is the most generous and compassionate nation compared to European and other developed nations. The United States economic output of shares of GDP is 30 percent higher than the rest of the developed

Related Documents