Swot Analysis: The SWOT Analysis Of Timberland Company
The weaknesses segment will help to pinpoint areas that the company can improve. Likewise the strengths, it is a factor that happens internally and currently.
• Price – The prices of Timberland products are considerably expensive when compared to direct competitors such as UGG and Clarks, and even more expensive than the average footwear retailers;
• Location – Timberland does not have as many official stores as Dr Martens, for instance, does. Having official stores changes the way that customers reach the products, as it is easier to find for them to find what they are looking for;
• Social media activity and advertisement – Timberland LLC does not update or interact with its customers through social media as much as its competitors does. Also, the company has its advertisement campaign mainly focused on American customers rather than British.
OPPORTUNITIES Opportunities are a very important segment of SWOT analysis, as it is likely to happen in any company. It enables the company to identify opportunities for improvements both internally and externally, whereas the opportunities might be happening currently or in the …show more content…
THREATS Threats, likewise opportunities, happen both internally and externally, whereas the threats might be happening currently or in the future. It refers to factors that can impact the success of an organisation that, through a SWOT analysis, enables the company to react to these events in a better position.
• New competitors – As the monopolistic competition is a market structure with low entry barriers, there are good chances of new companies joining it and therefore offering similar products;
• Unstable economy – Economy changes constantly. Changes in interest rates, inflation and unemployment rates affect the demand of the product;
• A new legislation – The Government might, for instance, forbid the use of rubber or leather in productions, which would directly affect companies such as Timberland;
• Global warming – If there is no control over the global warming, it might eventually decrease the demand of Timberland products, as the weather would be warmer than expected in places where the cold weather used to be