Sin A Biblical Breakdown Analysis
Hello to whatever audience is here with me today/tonight. I'm Kyle VanHatten and this is my sermon titled, Sin, a biblical breakdown(by Dave Moody, haha jk. Kyle VanHatten). I will talk with all of you about the origin of sin, the definition of sin, God's view on sin, and how to lessen the power of it in your life. I'd recommend to take notes if you can as this could affect the rest of your life with Jesus.
-The origin of sin
The first sin, was not Adam and Eve in the garden, but is spawned from Satan. The sin itself was pride. He despised being a servant, he thought he was above that, the …show more content…
Psalm 90:10. But what does sin actually mean,
-Three encompassing definitions . The first is the biblically one which starts in 1 John 3:4 " Everyone who makes a practice of sin in also practices lawlessness; sin is lawlessness". Whose law. The second definition I will share is the dictionary " Sin an immoral act considered to be a transgression against divine law". I see a pattern. My third and final definition today will be my personal definition" anything that separates you from God, being like God, that you have chosen to do or commit knowing its bad or in rebellion ."
- There's a pattern. Breaking god's law. But why shouldn't we, you may ask, what is the purpose. Many people believe that god's commands, are just a mundane, pointless book of rules, This cannot be farther from the truth. The purpose of god's commands( the ten and more ) is to benefit us, to protect us from the consequences of sin, to enrich our lives and make us more like god. So when we lie, steal, covet, Sin, we are just hurting ourselves and god. Best out in Jeremiah 5:25
Brief …show more content…
1 John 3:15
- You don't have to like people. There are going to be people that push your buttons, that are mean, that don't like you.
But as a Christian, you have to love.
- Before we learn to hate sin We must first acknowledged that we have a sinful nature innately and must rebuke and crucify our flesh daily . Not just on Sunday . Joshua 1:7-8
-We also need to know that we need God and that he is stronger than all of our struggles, My favorite song relating to this is Our god is greater- Chris Tomlin
- Nobody's perfect ,1 john 1:8
-While we have the opportunity to not sin we lack the ability, god knows we couldn't live up to the perfect expectations he set, that's why he sent someone who could, Jesus,
- Charles Stanley, Pastor and evangelist , once made a phenomenal pair of points in a sermon of his, Engaging in a sin makes you more vulnerable in the future
And the devil doesn't attack you where he is certain to lose. I know this to be true. As an example. I will never drink, use drugs, smoke,skip school or any of that. I made a pact to myself. I NEVER get a temptation to do that I never will, but want to know what I do get tempted to do. Nothing. Once in awhile I fall through. I decide to sleep in, not do my devotionals or anything good and productive, and just watch YouTube and play video games,And boy do I feel it. It changes the way I act. It changes the way I view things, and makes it easy to slip into a