Quasi Experimental Design
1. Manipulation – The researcher will change a variable of a group with some treatment and observe its impact on another group which is not …show more content…
Required theory should be developed and available
2. A quantitative question is asked and should be free from legal and ethical issues to conduct experiments.
Pre-Experimental Design – A single group is studied in this design and no comparison is made between equivalent groups.
QUASI EXPERIMENTAL DESIGNS
The manipulation, control, and randomization are not required in Quasi-experimental designs. There are following three types of quasi experimental types:
1. Nonequivalent control group design – It is similar to experimental design and the difference is in assignment of control group subjects. The use of control group will increase the strength of the design. Good pre-test data will provide improved analysis and results. As subjects are not selected randomly may create threats to internal and external validity.
2. After only non equivalent control group design –All groups are treated equal after the independent variable is introduced in this design. This design is suited very well to study impacts of natural and manmade disaster.
3. Time series design- This design is used in determining trends where control group is not included and it strengthens research study …show more content…
4. Prediction Studies – Study of relationships between independent variables to make
Predictions on dependent variable, it helps in making valid decisions.
5. Cross-sectional Studies – It is faster and cost effective and helps in examining data across groups. Case Studies – Are used in social science related research studies and provide data for both quantitative and qualitative studies.
Research Design for finding security controls for Advanced Persistent Threats
The purpose of my research study is to review the prior literature, identify the gap, estimate risk and propose a right security framework to identify internal and external persistent threats at right time to put in place a defense in depth security controls to protect the critical digital assets of an organization. There are many variables in this study, the risk is an independent variable and persistent threat is a dependent variable. I have selected the experimental design because of the following reasons:
1. Experimental design will provide better control and minimize threats to validity.
2. Availability of required theory on persistent threats and risk metrics on impact.
3. A quantitative question is asked and it is free from ethical issues to conduct