Patagonia Challenge Essay
- Established in 1972, Patagonia is an outdoor-clothing company known for its green business model. It was founded by Yvon Chouinard who has “ turned his passion for outdoors into an amazing business”
- Patagonia represented an “experiment” to challenge conventional wisdom and present a new style of responsible business. Patagonia strived to build the best product, cause no unnecessary harm, and use business to inspire and implement solutions to the environmental crisis.
- Patagonia’s product line was composed of 4 main product categories: Sportswear, Technical Outerwear, Technical Knits and Hard Goods. It focused on three criteria’s while developing goods: Quality, Environmental Impact and Innovation.
- During the …show more content…
- Actions are in sync with Patagonia’s mission and philosophy of environmental commitment
- Action supplement company’s target goal of 10% annual growth in sales for the next five years
Alternatives at Hand:
- Launch the Product Lifecycle initiative
- Do not launch the Product Lifecycle Initiative.
I would recommend Patagonia to launch the Product Lifecycle initiative.
If they do not launch Product Lifestyle initiative, they might never be completely socially responsible and divert from their mission of environmental commitment. They might save some costs and investment but in the long term they would not be able to reap the benefits which this initiative will bring. Though this initiative could threaten Patagonia’s delicate balancing act between committing to sustainability while achieving 10% revenue growth, this is short term. In the long term, this initiative would go a long way in getting several upsides for the business. Patagonia’s competitive