Interview, Bettina Beech And Erica Collins- Young Essays
I chose to interview Bettina Beech and Erica Collins- Young for this assignment, both hold leadership positions with the University of MS Medical Center that involve organizational change. Each individual was ask the same questions regarding organizational change. Both individuals appeared to be honest and forthright regarding issues with organizational change. Their interviews gave me a unique perspectives to compare and contrast the responses they provided. Overall I learned a lot from both of their perspectives
1. What is your background relate to your position
2. What values do you practice and instill as a leader
3. What steps do you use to introduce change in your organization
4. What are you perceptions about the way the field of organizational will change into the future?
5. What is the best way to communicate why change is happening?
Interview #1 – Bettina M. Beech, DrPH, MPH
Dr. Beech is the Founding Dean for School of Population Health, executive director of the Myrlie Evers-Williams Institute for the Elimination of Health Disparities, and professor of pediatrics and family medicine at the University of Mississippi Medical Center.
This interview lasted approximately 15 minutes over the phone.
Question 1 What is your background related to your position?
I have an extensive background that integrates public health and health disparities. Prior to being at UMMC, I was vice chair in the Department of Social Sciences and…