Environment Influence Creativity In Children
WHAT IS CREATIVITY?
1) “Children need time and support to be creative through their curiosity, exploration and play. They should be given the opportunity to voice out opinions, feelings and their ideas.”
[EYFS 2007 Practice Guidance, p 104]
2) “Creativity is about expressing ourselves. Creativity among children is more about conveying something new through their imagination, exploration and curiosity. It is the children’s own original thoughts and feelings.”
3) “Creativity through exploration focuses on the way of presenting the original ideas. Creativity in children expands from their involvements through the way of presenting and not the results. Creativity is related to children's imagination and uniqueness.”
[Kohl, …show more content…
• Supervise children as a partner.
• Be real and honest.
• Allow children to make mistakes and help them to see that these can stimulate new learning.
EDUCATION INFLUENCED CREATIVITY
1) The creative environment
a) The environment supports the routines, materials and interactions that occur within the space “offering children rich childhood experiences where children can enhance their passions and attention over time, and use open-ended materials” (Curtis, 2001, p. 42).
b) The indoor environment shows the values and beliefs that covers the living and learning that take place in that space.
c) Outdoor spaces provides much more involved in making music, painting, act and dance. On the other hand, play and discovery can stimulate all sorts of creative responses in natural environments.
d) Involving natural materials in the learning environment will provide opportunities for children to interact with nature. Sensory experiences can be stimulated by providing natural materials.
e) Example of natural material collections:
• Various sizes and shapes of tree branches and tree trunks
• Stones of different colours, sizes and textures
• Feathers, birds’ nests, egg, straw or twigs for nest