Essay about Healthy Interpersonal Relationships Worksheet
Healthy Interpersonal Relationships Worksheet
Use your textbook to answer the following questions. You are not required to respond in essay format. You may use short-answer responses, including lists, to answer these questions.
1. What are the characteristics of intimate relationships? What are behavioral interdependence, need fulfillment, emotional attachment, and emotional availability? Why is each important in relationship development?
• Behavioral interdependence is the mutual impact people have on each other in their daily lives and is important because one person may feel a great void if the other person is gone.
• Need fulfillment is the psychological needs that are fulfilled by intimate relationships. The …show more content…
3. What are the common elements of healthy relationships? What are some common warning signs of trouble? What actions can you take to improve your own interpersonal relationships?
• Elements of healthy relationships are the ability to communicate, respect for each other, sharing a general fondness and are being flexible enough to allow partners to grow throughout their live.
• A warning sign can be a change in communication. If one partner stops listening then the other partner may feel ignored. If partners who use to spend time doing things together and now prefer to spend time apart, then this is also a warning sign. If one partner is no longer emotionally supportive the other may feel unwanted.
• To improve your own interpersonal relationships you must have trust, communication, intimacy, and friendship.