Eligilbility Worker Sample Test Essay
READING AND UNDERSTANDING WRITTEN MATERIALS
DIRECTIONS:Read each question carefully. Select the best answer and darken the proper space on the answer sheet.
1. Through advertising, manufacturers exercise a high degree of control over consumersdesires.
However, the manufacturer assumes enormous risks in attempting to predict what consumers will want and in producing goods in quantity and distributing them in advance of final selection by the consumers. The paragraph best supports the statement that manufacturers
1. distribute goods directly to the consumers
2. can eliminate the riskof overproduction by advertising
3. can predict with great accuracy the success of any …show more content…
4. (3) The search for truth has speeded the progress of civilization. Choice B is incorrect in its statement that civilization did not begin until . . . .
Civilization moved ahead slowly even before restrictions on learning were removed. 5. (2) Stridentmeans grating or harsh-sounding.
The sergeant barked out the orders in strident tones.
6. (3) To confineis to limit or to restrict.
If the childs illness is contagious, we must confine him to his home.
7. (4) To accentuateis to stress, emphasize, or intensify.
Life is more pleasant when those we deal with accentuate the positive.
8. (4) Banalmeans insipid or commonplace.
His commentary was so banal that I had to stifle many yawns.9. (1) Vigilantmeans alert or watchful.
A worker must remain vigilant to avoid accidents on the job.
10. (1) Incidentalmeans happening in connection with something