Organizational Resilience

1142 Words 5 Pages
Organization world over are considering the adoption of new work practices, such as problem solving teams, enhanced communication with workers, employment security, flexibility in job assignments, training workers for multiple jobs, and greater reliance on incentive pay. This work provides empirical evidence to address the question; do these human resource management practices improve organizational resilience. Ability to respond and ability to monitor invariably improve on organizational resilience (Barney, 2007).

Dimensions of Talent Management
2.2.1 Talent Identification
This is the process of finding the right people for each job by understanding what constitutes success in a particular role. It is the finding of candidates with the capabilities
…show more content…
Another factor that was also identified as key in learning and development was E-learning. Moreover, the study found that senior managers and the human resource department were tasked with ensuring that courses were delivered an overall planning of the learning process carried out effectively. This study was been carried out through a survey of various organizations. The study also found that the skills the employer said they needed to focus on in order to meet their business objectives were mainly leadership skills at 65%, front line people management skills at 55% and business awareness at …show more content…
Further, due to budgets constraint, as a result of the economic downturn, talent managers will only provide coaching and mentoring to selected high performers. There will be a shift in the overall role of HR and the focus will be centred on the development of people for increased productivity. HR will only invest on high-pots in order for them to become effective leaders (Judhajit, 2015). The name of the game, for organizations is having the “right” talent, not necessarily the “best” talent.
Organizations need a small percentage of top players who will be counted on how to lead the organization in key positions, but in any organization, if only 20 percent of the people are contributing to the overall performance; the remaining 80 percent are either a financial drain or an opportunity

Related Documents