Comparing Classical And Operant Conditioning
In our upcoming paragraph we will discuss two types of learning which are classical learning and operant learning.
Classical conditioning In very simple words the Classical conditioning is a theory in which there is involvement of learning a new …show more content…
• Also known as Instrumental Conditioning.
• It is method of learning that occurs through reinforcements and punishments.
Components of Operant Conditioning
• Reinforcement is any event that strengthens or increases the behavior it follows.
There are two kinds of reinforces:
• Positive reinforces are favourable events or outcomes that are presented after the behaviour. In situations that reflect positive reinforcement, a response or behaviour is strengthened by the addition of something, such as praise or a direct reward.
• Negative reinforces involve the removal of an unfavourable events or outcomes after the display of a behaviour. In these situations, a response is strengthened by the removal of something considered unpleasant.
• In both of these cases of reinforcement, the behaviour increases.
Primary & Secondary Rein