Essay about Case Study Project Management
From the intricate framework of organizational behavior and structure that can determine project success to the planning, scheduling, and controlling processes vital to effective project management, the new edition thoroughly covers every key component of the subject. This
Tenth Edition features:
More than twenty-ﬁve case studies, including a new case on the Iridium Project covering all aspects of project management ■
400 discussion questions
More than 125 multiple-choice questions
Other powerful tools by Harold Kerzner:
Project Management Workbook and PMP®/CAPM® Exam Study Guide, Tenth Edition
Director for Project,
Program and Portfolio
Management …show more content…
Dr. Kerzner’s 16 Points to Project
1. Adopt a project management methodology and use it consistently.
2. Implement a philosophy that drives the company toward project management maturity and communicate it to everyone.
3. Commit to developing effective plans at the beginning of each project.
4. Minimize scope changes by committing to realistic objectives.
5. Recognize that cost and schedule management are inseparable.
6. Select the right person as the project manager.
7. Provide executives with project sponsor information, not project management information.
8. Strengthen involvement and support of line management.
9. Focus on deliverables rather than resources.
10. Cultivate effective communication, cooperation, and trust to achieve rapid project management maturity.
11. Share recognition for project success with the entire project team and line management.
12. Eliminate nonproductive meetings.
13. Focus on identifying and solving problems early, quickly, and cost effectively. 14. Measure progress periodically.
15. Use project management software as a tool—not as a substitute for effective planning or interpersonal skills.
16. Institute an