A Brief Note On Christianity And The Jewish City Of Jerusalem
Studies of Religion
Christianity was founded in the Israeli city of Jerusalem at around the time of 30 A.D by Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Christians recognise Jesus Christ as the only son of God, who was sent to save the mankind from death and sin. The Bible teaches 10 main commandments and teachings.
1. Thou shall have no other gods before me.
2. Thou shall not make idols.
3. Thou shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.
4. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
5. Honour your father and your mother.
6. Thou shall not murder.
7. Thou shall not commit adultery.
8. Thou shall not steal.
9. Thou shall not bear false witness against your neighbour.
10. Thou shall not covet.
These commandments and Christians believe their religion is founded on the beliefs of love and fellowship towards everyone. Christians believe in justification by faith, the trinity, and life after death and saints.
The Christian Creation Story is that God made the universe in 6 days and then rested on the 7th. This is where the concept of 7 days per week is believe too have come from. Christians believe that the Sabbath (Sunday) is the first day of each week. The Sabbath is the day of God and no Christian is to attend work and must instead attend morning Church. The Bibles quotes the creation story of the universe as the following:
On Monday, He created light, Earth, Sun and the Moon.
On Tuesday, He created the…