Thin Description : Field Note Essay example
Setting: I am sitting in the MD. Anderson Library from 11:30 am to 12:20pm on Monday, Jan 25th, 2016, and my observation in the public space start.
Police officers and African American guy. 11:30- 11:40
• Suddenly, an argument starts with yelling voice of a man.
• A big and tall Black guy is sitting in the corner of non-computer area, his backpack and stuffs are on the table.
• Nobody knows what is happening, all people 's eyes are toward that voice.
• A Hispanic policeman is catching that African American, his face and voice are calm and soft, he tries to not interrupt anyone, he told the Black guy to calm down, and let them talk in the police station.
• A black guy refuses the policeman 's demand by yelling and attacking against the policeman, “I am not doing anything wrong, why you do that to me!"
• The Black guy pushes hard toward the Hispanic policeman.
• The Hispanic Policeman is smaller and shorter than the African American man.
• The Hispanic Policeman seems have been training for this, he still get control toward the black guy, but the black guy is too strong to against him.
• The Black guy is wearing a jean and a black t-shirt, short, curly hair, has some tattoos on his hands which not clearly (because of far distance of observation). The Hispanic policeman is wearing his uniform, short hair, neat clothes, good-looking.
• The Black guy is bigger than the policeman, and the Hispanic policeman seem not to be able to control that…