During early 1900s, many battles occurred in World War 1 and Vimy Ridge was one of them. Vimy Ridge had a great role for the independence of Canada because it helped kindle a citizenry/nation. Additionally Vimy Ridge was a successful battle which was also the first total Canadian win.  “The …show more content…
"How Did Canada’s Participation in The First World War Have an Impact on Canadian Society and Independence?" Ben’s Blog. 6 Dec. 2012. Web. 8 Jan. 2015. <http://blogs.yorkschool.com/yorkstudents/bisenberg16/2012/12/06/how-did-canyyyyyyadas-participation-in-the-first-world-war-have-an-impact-on-canadian-society-and-independence/>.
6. Tang, Angie. "Beyond Canada’s Role in the Korean War: Reflections of Canadian Political Moderation and Canadian-American Relations." Web. 14 Jan. 2015. <http://www.warmuseum.ca/files/2013/08/angie-tang-e.pdf>.
7. "The Canada/Britain Relationship." The Canada/Britain Relationship. Web. 8 Jan. 2015. <http://library.mcmaster.ca/archives/exhibits/worldwar_canadabritain#top>.
8. "William Lyon Mackenzie King Quote." Brainy Quote. Xplore. Web. 14 Jan. 2015. < http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/w/william_lyon_mackenzie_ki.html>.
9. Wilson, W. Douglas, and J. Bradley Cruxton. "Canadians in Battle." Spotlight Canada, Fourth Edition. 4th Ed ed. Don Mills, Ont.: Oxford UP, 2000. 530. Print.
10. "WWII: Canadians on D-Day - Canada at War." Canada at War RSS. 3 Dec. 2007. Web. 14 Jan. 2015.