Essay on Organizational Ethics
• Identify typical ethical problems of managers.
• Recognize differences in ethical behavior and responsibility between an employee and a manager.
• Read Ch. 6 & 7 of Managing Business Ethics.
• Read this week’s Electronic Reserve Readings.
5. Learning Team Instructions
• Begin preparing for the Ethics in the Workplace Case Study Action Plan Presentation due in Week Five by reading one of the following case studies from Managing Business Ethics as assigned by your facilitator. The case studies are found in the text near the end of the given chapter.
o Merck and River Blindness in Ch. 2 o Pinto Fires in Ch. 4 o Sears, Roebuck, and Co.: The Auto Center …show more content…
• Include at least two textbook references and three references from other sources with your paper.
• Format your paper according to APA standards.
• Submit your paper to the Plagiarism checker. Submit it for review and provide a copy of the report to your facilitator with your assignment.
7. Discussion Questions
• Why should managers practice the ethical behavior they expect from subordinates?
• What are the three greatest ethical issues that managers face? Defend your response.
• How do ethics affect the managerial decision-making process? Provide a specific example.
• How might individual and managerial ethics be different? Provide examples.
• How does one develop a system to evaluate ethical behavior?
• How should ethics and behavior at personal and professional levels differ, and how should they be similar?
• What is the managerial responsibility for ethical leadership in an organization? How would you as a manager design a work environment so that employees had to take responsibility for their actions, ethical or not? Weekly Reminders
Summary of Week 3 Deliverables
Assignment Individual or Learning Team Due
Current Ethical Issue in Business Paper Learning Team 02/07/11
• Identify ethical problems for an