Lab Four Essay
Implement Organizational-Wide Network and WLAN Access Controls
Lab 4 Assessment Questions & Answers
1. What risk exposure are you subjecting your Microsoft Windows systems to by opening up ports on your internal firewall?
Buy opening ports in your firewall it is allowing people access to you network and if anybody that trys to get in figures out the port they can potentially gain access to your system.
2. Using the VM’s on your student workstation, how can you test if your Windows internal firewall is configured properly?
By going to start -> control Panel -> Select firewall there it gives you the options that are on Windows Firewall.
3. Name at least three significant …show more content…
Blues tooth differs from WLAN in that is it less secure, lower bandwith, but it is easier when using it on a moble platform with calling and or wireless keyboards and mouses.
7. What are the risks involved in having the wired and wireless NICs enabled simultaneously on a laptop or workstation?
Depending on whether the computer and or laptop is accessing the network you could have different polices that you may have for wired machines and wireless machine that will only allow certain access to sertain networks.
8. What is the major reason why WEP encryption is not suitable for securing a WLAN connection?
What is recommended for use with WLAN infrastructures?
WLAN client need not provide its credentials to the Access Point during authentication. Any client can authenticate with the Access Point and then attempt to associate.
• Establish wireless LAN security policies and practices
• Design for security
• Logically separate internal networks
• Enable VPN access only
• Remove unnecessary protocols
• Restrict AP connections
• Protect wireless devices.
9. What is a Man-in-the-Middle Attack? Explain.
Man-in-the-Middle Attack is a form of active eavesdropping in which the attacker makes independent connections with the victims and relays messages between them, making them believe that they are talking directly to each other over a private