Essay about Information Technology
B. Living, working, learning, and playing in a digital world
2. Why do we consider technology invasive?
B. Technology is so pervasive that we believe we cannot live without it
3. How long did it take for iPod to penetrate a market audience of 50 million people?
B. 3 years
4. What percentage of today's Fortune 500 companies are technology companies?
5. What is the difference between how you would purchase technology compared to the way businesses purchase technology?
A. Your purchase is based upon money availability; businesses' are based upon competitive advantage 6. If you wanted to ensure that your business maintains a desirable return on your investment …show more content…
18. Which of the following systems can be used to gain insights into the needs, wants, and behaviors of customers?
B. Customer relationship management systems (CRM) 19. Which term describes a business' approach to offering multiple ways in which customers can interact with it?
C. Multi-channel service delivery 20. What is a fundamental goal of CRM systems?
C. To manage and track customer interactions 1. To succeed in business and to enable your organization to extract meaningful information from its information repositories, you need which type of application?
B. Business intelligence 2. What application enables your organization to analyze competitor, customer, environmental, and internal data?
C. Business intelligence 3. Which system allows your organization to gather, process, and update transactional information?
A. Online analytical processing (OLAP) 4. What is another name for a database that supports OLTP?
D. Operational database 5. Which application supports the manipulation of information to support decision making?
D. Online analytical processing (OLAP) 6. A senior manager who analyzes internal and external information to analyze marketing campaigns and their affect on customer buying habits is using which type of application?
A. Online analytical processing (OLAP)