Evolution Of Life On Earth Essay
1. When did the earth form and how long thereafter did earliest life forms evolve?
2. How is it that seemingly chaotic interactions can form a complex pattern?
3. What are requirements for life?
4. Could microorganisms such as bacteria from the earth survive in space?
5. What’s the probability that the universe harbor intelligent life besides us?
The earth was formed around 4.5 billion years ago. According to fossil evidence, the earliest life from that looked like vesicles might have evolved as early as 1.1 billion years after the formation of the earth. Since we haven’t found any evidence of life in the universe besides earth, we cannot make any conclusion as to whether or not we will find similar life form elsewhere in the universe.
The Life as we know is unique and complex, yet it evolved early on earth. Life on earth evolved as early as 3.4 billion years ago. Since life evolved relatively quickly, we can presume that the condition back then must have been right for complex molecules to form and give rise to life. Now, after a long wait since the beginning of life, we are finally scratching a surface on how complex molecule could have form and give rise to life.
Elements such as Hydrogen (H), Carbon (C), Oxygen (O), Nitrogen (N), Sulfur (S) and Phosphorous (P) are considered atoms of life. These elements come together to form a complex molecule, which…