Steamed and foamed or frothed milk is used in coffee beverages to improve the quality and taste of your coffee drink. The items that are needed to produce steamed and frothed milk are the same to a certain extent but the procedures are different. Frothed and steamed milk are used in different types of coffee and milk based beverages. Steamed milk is much heavier than frothed milk because it does not have as much froth and less air.
<h2>Preparing Steamed Milk</h2>
There are four ways in which you can steam milk for your coffee beverages. You can either steam milk on stove, in the microwave, in automatic electric milk frother or by using steam wand on espresso machine. Using the …show more content…
• Between 150 and 160 degrees Fahrenheit the milk will be full of lactose giving it a sweet, delicious taste. When the milk temperature gets to or passes 160 degrees Fahrenheit mark, it will quickly begin to lose this sweetness and delicious taste.
• If you are planning to steam milk to between 150 and 160 degrees Fahrenheit, you should stop steaming when the temperature of the milk reaches between 135 and 140 degrees Fahrenheit. The temperature of the milk will continue to rise for a little when steaming milk.
• When using an espresso machine to steam milk, you should tilt the pitcher slightly and hold it steadily to allow the milk to roll. This will allow the milk and foam to mix together to achieve …show more content…
As the milk expands, the pitcher has to be lowered so the tip of the wand remains just below the surface of the milk, you may have difficulty accomplishing this step if you are new to frothing milk with the steam wand. With techniques to learn and overall price for the espresso machines, persons sometimes rely on the other procedures to froth milk for their homemade coffee beverages that are listed above.
<h3>Tips for Frothing Milk</h3>
• Always start the frothing process with cold or chilled milk. Colder milk will give better results and more foam.
• You should also consider the type of milk that you are going to use. Non-fat and skimmed milk froth very easily but not as flavorful as other milk types. Whole milk produces great tasting froth, but whole milk is much heavier due to fat inside milk and harder to achieve perfect froth. 2% milk froths nicely and has great flavor.
• The ideal temperature for frothed milk is 140 -155 degrees Fahrenheit. Place thermometer inside milk when frothing and pay close attention to the temperature of milk.
• When using the steam wand to steam or froth milk, you must always purge the wand before preparing the