Design Of The Study Of Qualitative Research Essay
• The natural setting is the direct source of data, and the researcher is the key instrument in qualitative research.
• Qualitative data are collected the form of words or pictures rather than numbers.
• Qualitative researchers are concerned with process rather than simply with outcomes or products.
• Qualitative researchers tend to analyze their data inductively.
• Researchers who use this approach are interested in how different people make sense of their lives (p. 4 to 7). Furthermore, “qualitative research designs can provide detailed descriptive knowledge, especially related to processes of learning” (Spencer & Marschark, 2010, p. 32). Because this study aims to provide a detailed description of classroom usage of Visual Phonics; therefore, the qualitative case study approach was chosen to investigate research questions. “A case study is a detailed examination of one setting, or a single subject, a single depository of documents, or one particular event” (Bogdan & Biklen, 2007, p. 59).…