Medical Surgical Essay
1. BLADDER CALCULUS – Bladder Calculus is also known as bladder stone and are caused due to building up of minerals in the body.
2. DIFFICULTY IN MICTURITION – Difficulty in micturition is known as difficulty in the discharge of the urine from the bladder.
3. TURD – Trans Urethral Resection of Prostate is a surgery used to treat urinary problems due to an enlarged prostate.
4. BNR – Bladder Neck Reconstruction
5. LSCS – Lower Segment Caesarean section is also called the Kerr Incision and is the use of surgery to deliver one or more babies.
6. RTI – Respiratory Tract Infection is any infectious disease of the upper or lower respiratory tract. (LRTI or URTI)
7. UTI – Urinary Tract Infection is an infection in …show more content…
HD – Hemodialysis is the process that uses a man-made membrane (dialyzer) to remove wastes, such as urea from the blood. Restore the proper balance of electrolytes in the blood.
12. CABG – Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting is a type of surgery that improvs blood flow to the heart.
13. COPD – Chronic Obstruction Pulmonary Disease is a lung disease characterized by chronic obstruction of lung airflow that interferes with normal breathing and is not fully reversible.
14. CT – Chemotherapy is the treatment of disease using chemical substances, especially the treatment of cancer by cytotoxic and other drugs.
15. CVA – Cerebrovascular accident (Stroke) is the sudden death of some brain cells due to lack of oxygen when the blood flow to the brain is impaired by blockage or rupture of an artery to the brain. A CVA is also referred to as a Stroke.
16. DM – Diabetes Mellitus is a disease in which the body’s ability to produce or respond to the hormone insulin is impaired, resulting in abnormal metabolism of carbohydrate and elevated levels of glucose in the blood.
17. DOE – Dyspnea on exertion (Shortness of breath with activity) is a term used to describe difficulty breathing when engaged in a simple activity like walking upstairs or going to the …show more content…
The Cardiac Diabetic diet is served to those patients who have problems of cardiology, hypertensive and diabetic.
RENAL DIET – The Renal Diet is similar to the Normal Diet but are low in slat and low in potassium. Avoid foods like green leafy vegetables, tomatoes, oranges, banana, pumpkin, etc. Vegetables are strain (leached)
RENAL DIABETIC DIET – The Renal Diabetic Diet is similar to the Diabetic Diet. In Renal Diabetic Diet, the vegetables are strained (leached) twice before cooking. Avoid vegetables like green leafy vegetables, tomatoes, aloo, banana, etc.
SALT FREE DIET – The Salt Free Diet is basically given to patient who have hypertension problem. All foods items should be prepared without salt and sodium should be restricted.
POST-NATAL DIET – The Post-Natal Diet is similar to Normal Diet but should be served with foods item to help increased milk production for lactating mothers like pepper, garlic, certain green leafy vegetables, etc.
SEMI-SOLID DIET – The Semi-Solid Diet is basically given to those patients who are post-operative patients, patients recovering from GI Tract (Gastric Infection Tract). The Semi-Solid Diet consists of Khichdi, Custard, Curd, Boiled Vegetables,