The DC Water Major Projects present an opportunity for DC Water to showcase its commitment to contracting with minority and women-owned businesses and to employing local residents. The plan that follows lays out a path to achieving success in both areas.
Highlights of the plan are as follows:
1.1 M/WBE CONTRACTING
1. Only M/WBE contractors with acceptable certification are counted toward participation in the program.
2. This is a tiered program, i.e., it includes subcontractor participation by the prime contractor, the first tier subcontractors, and the second tier subcontractors being reported on. The program requires participation of all first tier construction contractors with contracts greater …show more content…
Prime contractor will submit Form 6100-4 and Form 6100-3 with the Subcontractor Approval Request Forms of participating first tier subcontractors. Such forms may be found in the award documents.
4. Each contractor at the prime and first tier levels will submit monthly reporting, which shows the amounts paid to all of its subcontractors.
5. Participation Calculations
a. Counting for the purposes of M/WBE goal projection will be the total projected participation included in the prime contractor 's base contract in addition to participation from change order work and exercising allowances.
b. Counting for the purposes of actual M/WBE participation will be based on the actual invoice payments to the M/WBE. All contractors will require their M/WBE subcontractors to sign Form 6100-2 (see Attachment 1) at the same time they are signing other release of lien papers, each time the M/WBE receives payment. Executed Form 6100-2 (see Attachment 1) will be submitted with the contractor 's monthly report.
6. Information will be compiled monthly and reported to DETS and the Major Projects Program Director or CM, as applicable and reported quarterly to the DC Water Governance Committee.
1.2 DAVIS-BACONWAGE …show more content…
The Compliance Officer will perform periodic on site visits to question applicable on-site workers regarding the accuracy of information contained in the certified payroll report.
1.3 DC WATER EMPLOYMENT REPORTING
1. The Contractor, each first and second tier subcontractor with a contract over $300,000.00, must participate in DC Water 's Local hiring Initiative (DC Water Works).
2. The Program shall include weekly and monthly collection of employment statistics. Additionally, every contractor (first and second tier subcontractor as appropriate) with a contract over $500,000.00 must have an Apprenticeship Program as approved by the United States Department of Labor or their home state and provide report data to DC Water and/or their representative as requested.
3. This data will include, but may not be limited to specific information about project employees as well as apprenticeship program statistics.
2.0 M/WBE CONTRACTING
2.1 M/WBE REQUIREMENTS SUMMARY
To assist in meeting and maintaining project goal percentages, all prime professional services and construction contractors will require that every subcontract opportunity where feasible, include goals of 28% and 4% for M/WBE participation respectively, in professional services contracts, and 32% and 6% for M/WBE participation in construction related contracts. Participation is calculated as a percentage of adjusted professional services or construction costs as