Business & Admin Level 2 Essays
Section 1 – Understand how to make and receive telephone calls
1. Complete the table below with descriptions of at least two different features of a telephone system and how / when they would be used.
Feature | How / when used | 1. Answer phone | This is used to leave a message if nobody is there to answer the phone. | 2. Transfer | This lets you pass the call on to another line. |
2. Prepare a brief report advising people on:
* How to follow organisational procedures when making and receiving telephone calls * The purpose of giving a positive image of yourself and your organisation when making and receiving telephone calls.
If …show more content…
3. Explain the purpose of keeping equipment clean, hygienic and ready for the next user.
The purpose of keeping equipment clean is because clean equipment performs better than dirty equipment for example if the glass on the photocopier was dirty it would leave marks on the copies. If you was to share headsets or phones than it’s important to keep these clean to reduce the risks of infections and spreading germs.
Section 4 – Understand how to keep waste to a minimum in a business environment
1. Explain why waste should be kept to a minimum in a business environment.
Waste should be kept to a minimum because too much waste means too much money being spent on dealing with the waste and could cause long term consequences on the business. It could effect the business due to the cost of wasted materials, energy costs and unproductive time, costs of storing, moving and disposing of the waste. Also the need to raise prices to cover the costs of the waste but by doing this it could drive customers away to a cheaper company.
2. Identify at least two main causes of waste in a business environment.
Two main causes of waste in a business could be caused by