Bcom/275 Sample Final Examination Essay
This Sample Examination represents the Final Examination that students complete in Week Five. As in the following Sample Examination, the Final Examination includes questions that assess the course objectives. Both the Sample Examination and the Final Examination include five questions per course objective.
Refer to the questions in the following Sample Examination to represent the type of questions in the Final Examination. Refer to the weekly readings and content outlines for each week as study references for the Final Examination.
Week One: The Communication Process
Objective: Explain the steps in the communication process.
1. The goal of effective communication is a. providing …show more content…
8. “She probably did that because she was angry” is an example of this type of response. a. Supporting b. Evaluating c. Questioning d. x Interpreting
9. What percentage of a person’s waking day is spent communicating interpersonally?
b. x 70
10. In which type of response do you judge or try to solve the sender’s problem?
d. x Evaluating
Week Two: Critical Thinking Applied to Effective Communication
Objective: Analyze the validity, credibility, and reliability of data.
11. Which of the following would you deem the most reliable source of information on this subject: Is Lipitor® an effective medication for lowering cholesterol?
a. Consumer Reports
b. Pfizer, the manufacturer of Lipitor®
c. x The U.S. Food and Drug Administration
d. AstraZeneca, the manufacturer of Crestor®
12. You are considering purchasing a new vehicle. Which of the following sources would be the most reliable?
a. Salesperson from the car dealership
b. x A nonprofit consumer review
c. The manufacturer’s information on the vehicle
d. A friend who owned the same model vehicle
13. Which of the following is an effective indicator of a person’s being a reliable source of information?
d. x Experience
14. When a source has a preference or leanings either for or against a particular