animal cell project Essay
By: Jonathan Everett
Science 2nd Ms. Thompson
January 11, 2013
Have you ever heard of an animal cell? Well, I you haven’t it is a cell that is found in an animal that consist of multiple organelles. Each organelle has a special job that helps the cell function. This paper will help describe each organelle in the animal cell.
1. Endoplasmic Reticulum The Endoplasmic Reticulum is found in both the plant and animal cells. Endoplasmic Reticulum’s function is to process proteins and distribute them throughout the cell it also manufacture lipids for distribution.
2. Mitochondria The Mitochondria is found in both the animal cell and plant cell. The …show more content…
The Chloroplast is green due to chlorophyll a pigment that captures sunlight. The chloroplasts live in the mesophyll cells.
8. Ribosomes Ribosomes are found in both plant and animal cells. The function is to synthesize and make proteins. Ribosomes can be found free floating in the cytoplasm or attached to the ER (Endoplasmic Reticulum).
9. Vacuoles Vacuoles are found in both plant cells and animal cells. The vacuoles function is to store food, water, or wastes. The vacuole that is only found in plant cells is the central vacuole. The vacuoles store water, food, and waste. Vacuoles purpose is to serve primarily as storage units but versatile to perform more than one function.
Cell Wall Cell walls are located only in the plant cell. The function of the cell wall is to support and give structure. The cell wall is made up of cellulose.
10. Cell Membrane Cell membranes are located in both plant and animal cells. The job of the cell membrane is to control what foes into and out of the cell.
11. Cytoplasm Cytoplasm is found in both plants and animal cells. The job of the cytoplasm is to keep the organelles safe and in place.
12. Nuclear Envelope The Nuclear Envelope is located in both the plant cell and the animal cell. The nuclear envelope’s function is to send a stream of RNA and other info-carrying molecules to the rest of the cell through nuclear pores. These organelles