Case Study Questions
10-15 – Analyze Walmart and Amazon.com, using the competitive forces and value chain models. WALMART & AMAZON Competitive Forces
1. Traditional Competitors: In this case Walmart number one competitor would be Amazon because Amazon is the world’s largest e-commerce retailer. No other retailer can match Amazon breadth of selection which is low prices and fast reliable shipping. It is also known as the “Walmart of the web” and is the world’s largest and most powerful online selling machine. Amazon number one competitor would be Walmart because of Walmart also offering products for low prices and also being the largest and most successful retailer.
2. New Market …show more content…
It didn’t have online shopping but because of amazon they are forced to do it.
• Walmart keeps their customer satisfied by using Low-cost leadership strategy by offering them item at lower cost than other retailers.
• Its online shipping charge is $5 to7$ per package
• Walmart provide customer satisfaction at their retail store by providing immediate delivery of the item.
Amazon business model and business strategies
• Amazon has been very successful with their online shopping, but they don’t have physical store.
• Amazon uses Low-cost leadership strategy by providing lower price than other online retailer.
• Amazon also uses supplier intimacy strategy and strengthen customer, to attract new customers and keep existing customer happy.
• Its shipping price is less than Walmart which is around …show more content…
Customers can use the app or the website to purchase goods. Walmart is also using technology to make things more efficient for their customers. For example, they implemented Yumprint so that customers can search for recipes they like and find the correct ingredients used in the recipes at stores. The reason Walmart will be successful against Amazon.com is because they can utilize both technology and their physical locations whereas Amazon.com lacks the physical location experience for their