Aids vs Us Essay
HIV is the name of a germ. The virus is called, Human Immunodeficiency Virus. This virus kills cells that defend the body against diseases. In time, as more as more of these cells die, the body finds it difficult to fight germs and infections. Thus the person develops Aquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS).
At present there is no cure for HIV …show more content…
Many a times, those that aren’t informed in detail about the disease seem to concoct ways in which to behave and treat the patients. They need to understand that the disease is not caught by physical interactions and should change their attitudes towards them. AIDS patients should not be treated as ‘untouchables’ they are no less human than any other man in the world. The most important thing for AIDS patient is support. They need to be shown affection. They need a positive vibe from all their close ones so that they do not lose hope in themselves.
If a person is HIV+ they need to remember to live their lives like they would normally and to continue their daily activities. To end, for all those who are victims of the disease, the important thing to remember is millions of people live full and rewarding lives with HIV.
1) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HIV/AIDS_in_India, June 17, 2012
2) http://www.medindia.net/patients/aids/epidem_people.htm, June 17, 2012
3) http://www.avert.org/living-with-hiv-aids.htm, June 17, 2012
4) http://www.health24.com/medical/Condition_centres/777-792- 814-1761.asp, June 17, 2012
5) http://www.jonkaiser.com/educate/ask/answer48.html, June 17, 2012 6) Report by the National Institute of Mental Health &