The Row Is A Line Of Bathhouses Located At Hot Springs National Park
The first bathhouse, Buckstaff, was completed in 1912 and is still the only active bathhouse in use. It provides a range of services form thermal mineral baths and body massages to a full Swedish body massage. A “Whirlpool Mineral Bath” begins at $22.00. There is bathing tubs that are private and bathing suits are optional if would like.
The next bathhouse, Fordyce, is now a visitor center since 1989. This bathhouse was the most expensive and elaborate of them all. The total cost was around $212,749.55. Fordyce was also the first bathhouse to close on June 29, 1962 due to the decline of popularity of therapeutic bathing. It was built in 1914 to 1915 and was designed by George Mann and Eugene John Stern. The building didn’t just have baths; it also included a museum of Indian relics, bowling lanes, a billiard room, a gymnasium, roof garden, and variety of assembly rooms for conversations and reading.
Hale, the next bathhouse was constructed in 1892-1893 replacing an older version that was built in 1841 by John C. Hale, and was…