The 975 Solution By Ian Tuttle Essay

1119 Words Nov 29th, 2016 5 Pages
In his article, “The 975 Solution”, Ian Tuttle provides the scientific evidences that cast doubt on the claim by the White House that, “Ninety-seven percent of scientists concur and agree that there is global warming and anthropogenic impact.” Since the satellite measuring the temperature shows no significant warming change for the last 19 years, global warming alarmist called the situation “The Pause.” On the other hand, 97% of climate scientists declare that the earth is warming up, and it is mainly a result of human activity. Tuttle disagrees with the scientific consensus on climate change. He provides various scientific studies in his article. A study conducted by Naomi Oreskes, a professor at university of California- San Diego, indicated that 75% of the examined 928 abstracts from scientific papers published between 1993 and 2003 accepted the consensus view with the rest 25% taking no position on human induced climate change. Another study that illustrates the scientific consensus view is the study conducted by an Australian scientist, John Cook, in 2013. From the 12,000 abstracts that cook examined only 34% of the papers took a position in the consensus view. From those 33% agreed with the view. Cook recognized that 97% of the papers that he examined agreed on the anthropogenic global warming. In addition to the studies confirming the consensus view, Tuttle provides a survey conducted by two German scientists, Dennis Bray and Hans Von Storch that explains the belief…

Related Documents