7.Energy Management (Solar Energy system ) |Solar energy system need to be installed |Director and committee members |August 2013 |Solar energy system |Director and committee members can find all the information from green energy council’s website. |Budget will be checked by committee members. Stake holder and family will be informed through mail. | |June 2014 | |8. Room Practices(Growing indoor plant and seed) |Indoor plants needed. Requirement for plants and seeds to germinate to provide a sustainable environment for the children. |All staff |May 2013 |Indoor plants and pots to purify the air. |Providing opportunity to staff to participate in professional development workshops to promote environment sustainability. |Email, Journal
…show more content…
|All staff and children |1 May 2013 | Cloth line for heavy loading for staff and for light loading for children, pegs. |New changes will be discussed in the staff meeting. Training will be provided about the sustainable practices |Staff and family’s needs to be informed about these new changes through newsletters. | |July 2013 | |
Appendix 2 Evaluation of the Waste Management program
1. Evaluation of the outdoor environment (veg. garden) program
• The program has been successfully working. The staff and children are working together to create a sustainable environment.
• Kinder teacher took the kinder children for excursion to the nearest Bunning and they bought pumpkin, snow peas, tomato, capsicum’s plants and coriander’s seeds.
• Pre-kinder and kinder educator planted these plants with the children’s help.
• Children are watering, plants every day and all staff is helping by doing positive role modelling.
• We all can see the plants growing up steadily.
• Educators teach the all children to look after our plants.
2. Evaluation of the outdoor environment (fertiliser) program
• Budget has been checked. Service could just afford the compost bin but not the worm farm yet to compost bin has been bought by the head of committee.
• Policy on sustainable