Math And Science Wizard Charles Babbage Essay
- Ada’s mother ordered that she studies mathematics to help discipline her and at 17 she was attending lectures from math and science wizard Charles Babbage.
- She was able to observe his Difference Engine, which was capable of making complicated mechanical calculations, and eventually furthered his ideas to one which performed operations and was able of interchanging them independently from human control (Isaacson 2014).
- She eventually pioneered computer programming, turning the narrowly programmed, specialized device to the powerhouse we use today (Isaacson 2014).
2. The Computer
- In 1973, the computer consisted of electronic components for its core, circuits and switches to make it digital, and binary language to manage many tasks.
- In 1945, Mauchly and Eckert revealed the ENIAC (Electronic Numerical Integrator and Computer) which incorporated these elements, was completely electronic, and powerful and fast enough to perform 5000 addition and subtraction computations in seconds (Isaacson 2014).
- It is noted that their ability to combine ideas from different sources enabled the technological advancement, and that innovations that influence society this extremely are a usually the result of many minds coming together.
- Alan Turing, a British mathematician and philosopher, stated in 1948 that rather than having multiple machines specializing in different things, a single machine programmed to do multiple operations…